The laboratory of Budapest Waterworks performs accredited sampling and water tests as well as assessment on third party orders as well.
When is it necessary and reasonable to request a potable water test?
In case you or your company operates special well/wells or involved in the licensing of catering facilities, develops/operates an HACCP system, you have to order a water quality test in compliance with the regulations of the authorities. Such tests may also be necessary if a complaint is made about the potable water used by you or your company. Our laboratory offers accredited potable water sampling, performs the tests and provides evaluation of the results.
Why choose us?
- Budapest Waterworks looks back to a history of more than 150 years, and has acquired significant experiences related to water tests and evaluation since the very beginning.
- The laboratory operated by our company is accredited by the National Accreditation Authority (NAH-1-0681/2019) according to the requirements of the MSZ EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standard. The laboratory expands its portfolio of accredited survey and analysis methods year by year. It continuously upgrades its instruments pool in compliance with the good laboratory practices.
- We constantly improve the quality of our sampling and testing activities and upgrade our quality management system by taking into consideration the expectations of our customers, aiming at the improvement of customer satisfaction.
- As we are committed to the confidential management of the sampling and test data, these results are disclosed exclusively to the authorised persons.
- Sampling and the test activity are performed by an appropriate number of duly trained staff. Our employees take part in regular trainings, both in the professional area and in the areas related to quality management systems. We check the efficiency of the training and document the results.
- Sampling and test activities are performed by a well trained personnel of an appropriate number. Our employees take part in regular trainings both in the professional areas and in the field of quality management systems. We monitor the efficiency of the training and document the results.
- We make sure that external conditions do not disturb our accurate and reliable work by creating and maintaining the necessary environmental conditions on a continuous basis.
- The salary of the employees is independent from the number of samples taken and the tests and surveys conducted, and also from the results thereof. The activity of the employees is free from all the factors which could influence an unbiased and independent technical judgment.
Request for quotation, orders
If you need information or a price quote, please contact us by filling in the „WATER-PLUSZ CONTACT REQUEST FORM” on the bottom of the page. One of our colleagues will soon get back to you via the contact details indicated in the form so that we can provide you with a personalised solution that meets your exact needs.
If you order sampling, you can choose both accredited and non-accredited sampling.
Accredited sampling: carried out by our laboratory for remuneration, at a date and time scheduled with you via the phone, based on your order.
Non-accredited sampling (by client): carried out by the client, in one of the following ways.
- Delivered in a laboratory container provided for this purpose (it can be received in our laboratory),
- or in at least two 1.5-litre bottles per sample – one of the bottles must be rinsed with water mixed with a small amount of bleach for microbiological testing (please indicate on the bottles which one was sterilised), then both bottles must be rinsed at least two-three times with the water to be tested before filling them.
Issue of sampling containers and reception of samples: Monday-Thursday 7.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
Reception of water analysis report
The original report that contains the findings of the analysis is prepared within 7 business days of sampling (except for testing the number of Legionella bacteria which takes 15 business days) and can be received at our Central Customer Service Office at 182 Váci út, 1138 Budapest, after the fee has been settled, after being informed in a telephone conversation.
Our contact information
Address: H-1044 Budapest, Váci út 102/V.
Telephone: +36 1 435 3909 (business hours: 8.00 a.m. to 4.00 p.m.)
Our laboratory can be accessed
On foot or by public transport: By BKV buses No. 104 and 204 and by the buses of Volánbusz to the Ungvári Street bus stop. Entry for pedestrians: small gate vis-a-vis the crosswalk. Please use the entry phone!
By car: Drive from Váci road to Rév Street according to the map hereunder, after the second branch at the right side of Rév Street you will reach the car park of the Laboratory at the end of the street. The building next to the car park is the Laboratory.